ICF Ohio Valley is pleased to partner and promote Stand Beside Them, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that connects returning U.S. service members and their families/caregivers during their transition to civilian life with pro-bono coaches. Stand Beside Them was born out of the recognition of a staggering need for further support for the massive numbers of military veterans transitioning to civilian life and the knowledge of what coaching services offer to fill this need. SBT’s mission is to partner with our returning veterans and their families/caregivers and offer free coaching services to help them to attain the happiness and quality of life here at home that they so deserve after serving our country.
Did you know…
- The Ohio Valley is home to one of the largest concentrations of U.S. veterans in the United States.
- 1 million active and reserve members of the U.S. armed forces expected to return to civilian life in the next 4 to 5 years.
- Over 60,000 veterans are homeless nationwide
- Unemployment rate for veterans is significantly higher than the general population (IAVA).
- The youngest veterans have only had one employer, the military; they need coaching on how to translate their skills and interview effectively, to network and to self-promote.
To learn more about this unique program and pro-bono coaching opportunities available, a special webinar conversation is being held on Friday, April 1, from 11:00 a.m.-Noon EST with ICF Ohio Valley chapter member Steve Aidikonis, ACC, and Stephanie Richmond, the CEO and Founder of Stand Beside Them. This program will be recorded and made available on the chapter blog at www.icfohiovalley.org/blog/. This program qualifies for 1.0 CCEU Resource Development. You can register for this informational webinar here.
To learn more about Stand Beside Them, visit www.standbesidethem.org.
A special thanks to Steve Aidikonis, ACC, for leading this effort for ICF Ohio Valley Charter Chapter.
Here is the link to the application for a veteran or his/her spouse/partner or caregiver to complete to request free coaching from a professional coach.