Events Calendar - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
DISCOVER Questions® Get You Connected for High-Value Coaching with Deb Calvert
Better questions = better coaching!
Research reveals that there are 8 purposes for asking questions. Most of us routinely rely on just 4 of these purposes, but coaches who use all 8 strengthen relationships and accelerate client awareness and growth. Learn the 8 purposes in the acronym DISCOVER and how to enhance your coaching engagements by using a wider variety. Participants will expand their repertoire of questions and learn additional purposes for asking questions that stimulate reflection, promote self-discovery, and accelerate client awareness about their own priorities, goals, perceptions, and options.
During this highly interactive workshop, participants will craft and share questions. Deb will prepare a question set based on the group's contributions. This lasting tool will reinforce the training and benefit all members of the ICF Ohio Valley Charter Chapter long-term.
Participants will use DISCOVER Questions to:
1) Quickly understand and facilitate self-discovery about what the client values most and why.
2) Master question types that help clients visualize or better understand their own
desired outcomes and goals.
3) Evoke new ways of looking at a situation and thinking about solutions by moving beyond standardized coaching questions and formulaic responses to "meet the client where they are."
1. Discover the 8 purposes for asking questions and why it's important for coaches to use all 8 purposes.
2. Develop skills for crafting questions that are more precise and more efficient.
3. Recognize opportunities for zeroing in with questions that are more likely to invite deeper thought and fuller responses.
Core Competencies Addressed:
Establishes and Maintains Agreements, Listens Actively, Embodies a Coaching Mindset, Evokes Awareness
Participants will earn 1 Core Competency and .5 Resource Development CCEs for attending this program.
About our speaker:
Deb Calvert has 25 years of experience in leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and management training. She was an HR Director with a Fortune 500 company prior to founding People First Productivity Solutions in 2005 and People First Leadership Academy in 2021. Deb is an ICF-certified executive coach, licensed practitioner in numerous assessment tools, and a Certified Master of The Leadership Challenge®. She is a published author, and her research and methodologies have been published globally in academic journals.
Wednesday, February 21, 2024, 12:00 PM until 1:30 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada) (UTC-05:00)
Videoconference information will be provided in an email once payment is received.
Registration is required
Payment In Full In Advance Only